The Savvy Stews stopped by Colorado’s Own TheCW2‘s Daybreak this morning showing off how to pack for vacation in one suitcase and how to zip through the security line at the airport. If you missed any of the information this morning, you’re in luck! We’ve got it right here!
- 20” Rollerboard will fit in the overhead bin on most domestic airliners, you’ll hear it from the flight attendants when board — so hear it from us first, it fits best with the wheels facing the aisle. It also helps to free up some space.
- Most airlines are charging to check a bag with the exception of Southwest allowing two bags free and jetBlue allowing one. Also, the TSA still has a ban on liquids and gels over 3.4oz, therefore if you want to travel with your large toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, etc., you’re forced to check your bag – but we have solutions to take quality products with you and avoid the bag fees.
Packing in One Suitcase:
- Roll your clothes. We know, you’ve heard it before — but it does in fact work. And, you’ll make sure it works if you’re trying to avoid $50 to check your bags.
- Rolling your clothes helps to fit more and, if done right, helps to reduce the wrinkles in the clothes you’ve packed.
- Plan your outfits.
- Don’t be a last minute packer! If you take time to plan your outfits based on your destination, you’ll be able to fit more.
- Mix and Match:
- Pack two pairs of jeans or two different types of pants and a few pairs of shorts.
- Jeans can be worn more and once and you can pair different tops with the same pair of jeans creating different looks.
- Free up your smaller carry-on:
- Use an amenity bag for all of your electronics’ cords. Unless you’re flying on an airline which has power outlets at each seat, there’s no need for power cords on board.
- Cords are the one thing which end up all over the place when you’re traveling. Keep them together and in a small container so that they don’t take up much space.
- If you choose to travel with liquids and gels, have them in an easily accessible location.
- You don’t want to be the clueless traveler fumbling around at the security checkpoint trying to figure out where you packed the items that need to be removed for the bin at the x-ray machine.
- Remember that only liquid and gels need to be in the ziplock bag.
- A lot of travelers treat the ziplock as their amenity kit, but it doesn’t need to be. Remove deodorants, toothbrushes and items that aren’t liquids and gels. It gives you more room for products that you want to take with you.
- Remove the Ziplock all together:
- LUSH Cosmetics, makes travel friendly solid products to help you get rid of the ziplock and zip through security.
- Solid Shampoo
- No larger than a bar of soap.
- Wet the bar, and scrub into your scalp, it foams.
- Comes in multiple scents
- Solid Body Lotion
- For use in or outside of the shower when your skin is wet, simply rub it all over your body and to feel softer and smooth.
- Solid Perfume:
- Packaged much like a chapstick, apply it to your pressure points.
- Comes in various scents.
- Solid Toothpaste (we can demo this if you like):
- Called “Toothy Tabs”
- Place a tab in between your teeth and brush with a wet toothbrush.
- Tab breaks down and foams to clean.
Check out some of our other television appearances on the
TV Segments page!