Parks Hospitality Group has broken ground on a new Tru by Hilton in Morrisville, NC. The future 106-room, four-story hotel is located in the Raleigh area at 350 Airgate Drive, less than one mile from the Raleigh-Durham Airport. The hotel is expected to be completed mid-2018. Tru by Hilton Raleigh Durham Airport will be one of the brand’s first hotels to open in the state of North Carolina.
“Tru is a game-changing brand, as evidenced by its statement-making entrance to the midscale category and now the Raleigh-Durham market,” said Alexandra Jaritz, global head, Tru by Hilton. “We know the brand will have broad appeal to Raleigh-Durham area travelers who span generations but share a similar ‘zest for life’ mindset. At its core, Tru is value-engineered to provide guests with a contemporary, consistent and fresh experience in an affordable way, while at the same time being operationally efficient to our owners.”
This value proposition continues to drive developer interest. There are currently four hotels open already, and a pipeline that could see nearly 10 open by year-end. As of Q2, the Tru by Hilton pipeline includes more than 50 expected to open in 2018. Tru by Hilton has achieved the fastest-growing development pipeline in the history of the hospitality industry.
“We are very proud and honored to have partnered with Hilton to bring the first Tru by Hilton properties to the Triangle.” said Trevor Walden, Vice President of Operations for Parks Hospitality Group. “Tru fills a void in the midscale category, and we’re delighted to bring this exciting new Hilton brand to life. It will provide a new option for travelers who believe that being cost-conscious and having a great stay don’t have to be mutually exclusive.”
When completed, the new Tru by Hilton Raleigh Durham Airport will provide guests with smart and efficiently designed guest rooms and reimagined public spaces. Property features in the new Tru by Hilton include:
- A reimagined, enlarged lobby with 2,880 square feet of public space with areas to work, play games, eat or lounge.
- A build-your-own complimentary “Top It” breakfast bar that has 30 sweet and savory toppings so guests can create their own healthy or indulgent morning masterpieces.
- Modern rooms designed to make every square foot count, with natural light from oversized windows, 55″ TV with cable provided by DIRECTV and bright all-shower bathrooms with premium bath amenities.
- National- and local-brand gourmet snacks and drinks – including single-serve beer and wine – are available 24/7 in the “Eat. & Sip.” market located in the heart of the lobby.
- Tech-savvy amenities, including mobile check-in, Digital Key, free superfast Wi-Fi, remote printing, social media wall, lobby and market iPads, super-charging stations and accessibility to outlets everywhere.
- A fitness center that leverages the latest fitness trends through barre, TRX bands, free weights, cardio and flexibility gear, plus guests can get workout ideas from the fitness center tablet.
- All the benefits of a Hilton Honors membership are available to Tru by Hilton guests.
“With Tru by Hilton, we are breaking through the clutter of undistinguished offerings in the midscale sector and delivering a hotel that travelers will want to go to, rather than just through,” said Matt Wehling, senior vice president, development U.S. & Canada, Hilton. “We’re honored to have fantastic partners such as Parks Hospitality Group bringing this brand to life throughout the U.S.”